Overnight Home Care
Overnight Home care
Overnight hours are often higher-risk times for our older clients. This service is very popular with family members who wish to have the security of a trained carer in the home of their family member at night.
We also provide night care for clients who are already receiving care from friends or family during the day, enabling them to get a well-deserved rest. Activities like getting in and out of bed, going to the bathroom and mobilising on the stairs all involve higher risk at night. Some clients with dementia also tend to experience confusion more at night than during the day.
Depending on the client’s needs, our fully trained and vetted carers can provide overnight care. Everybody is different and each situation is unique, so we will take every aspect of your situation into account and provide appropriate care so that you get the greatest benefit from it.
What does our night time care for the elderly include?
- Assisting with bedtime preparation and remaining in the home throughout the night
- Assisting the client to get undressed and ready for bed
- Prompting night-time medications
- Assisting the client to and from the bathroom during the night
- Ensuring the client is up safely in the morning
- Assisting the client with showering and getting a healthy breakfast in the morning
Should the client need any overnight assistance, he/she can alert the carers, who will readily come to their need.