Here at Be Independent Home Care with our home care assistants operating in the community, we see first-hand the marvelous care that family carers deliver. Our trained home care assistants often provide care in the home to enable family carers to take much needed breaks.
Family carers were unfairly targeted with a savage 19% cut to their respite care grant in budget 2013. This cut has been further compounded by cuts to the household benefit package, increase in prescription charges, the elimination of the mobility allowance, the slashing of the housing adaptation grant and the continuous erosion of home help hours to families in need.
Now the Carers Association are asking for help. They are calling on Government to “Give Carers a Break”.
We would like you to:
- Watch and share our video “Give Carers a Break – Respite cuts really hurt”
- Have your say and share your story
- Call on our elected representatives to reverse the cut to the Respite Care Grant or find an alternative means of giving carers a break
- Place a sticker on your car
- Ensure that family carers are not hit again in Budget 2014
Thank You for your support.